These Spirulina Energy Balls are a great snack to have chilling in the fridge for when you need a little boost pre-workout or when you fancy a nibble.
Spirulina is a blue-green algae which is packed with protein, essential fatty acids and B vitamins.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Chill Time: 3-4 hours
- 250g of pitted dates
- 250g walnuts
- 2-3 teaspoons of Spirulina powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted rawCo coconut oil
- Desiccated coconut for coating
- Blend the dates and walnuts in a food processor at full speed for approx. 1 mins. Then add the Spirulina powder [start with 2 teaspoons and if you feel needs more add another] also add the melted coconut oil.
- Blend until a stiff paste forms which may take a few minutes.
- Once fully blended, scoop out a generous teaspoon of the paste and form in to a ball. The paste mixture may be slightly oily from the walnuts and coconut oil but once chilled they will set.
- Roll each of the energy balls in the desiccated coconut and place on a clean plate.
- Once all the balls are complete place in fridge for approx. 3-4 hours.
Why not visit our online shop where you will find rawCo Coconut Oil, Coconut Flour & Coconut Amino Sauce