Its biscuit week on The Great British Bake Off so we got all inspired to try our hand at some coconut flour cookies. We have been making lots of brownies, cakes and muffins with our coconut flour recently so were excited to try something slightly different.
These cookies can be out of the oven in 20 mins, require only a handful of ingredients and just one mixing bowl so minimal cleaning up which is always a good thing!
Naturally gluten-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free. The perfect Paleo friendly treat.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup of nut butter, we used peanut butter but almond butter would also work well
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup, raw honey could be used as an alternative sweetner
- 2 tablespoons of rawCo coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of rawCo coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon for baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate pieces, we used Lindt 90% broken in to small squares – you could use shop bought chocolate chips as an alternative
NB: If you’d prefer not to use chocolate, this can be substituted with crushed nuts or goji berries for example.
- Preheat the oven to 175c and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor bowl, blend the nut butter, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Blend until well combined, approx. 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and continue to blend for a further minute. The mixture should be nice and smooth and quite thick at this point.
- Now add the coconut flour, salt and baking powder and blend until a thick dough is formed, this should take a further minute.
- Gently fold in the dark chocolate pieces.
- Use a teaspoon for scoop out some of the dough and place on the parchment paper. You can flatten down the dough to a disc shape [the dough is quite sticky so if you slightly dampen you fingers it may help].
- The mixture should make approx. 10-12 cookies depending on how large you’d like the cookies.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 mins or until the edges have turned golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins once removed from the oven before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.