These Coconut Pecan Breakfast bars are quick and easy to whip up whether you want to serve them straight away or freezer them ready for those hectic mornings when you just need to grab something and run. They are naturally gluten, grain and dairy free making them ideal of those with sensitivities.
These bars can also double as an afternoon treat relaxing with a cuppa or an nutrient packed pre-workout snack for that added energy boost.
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 3 eggs
- 2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup rawCo coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Use the coconut oil to grease a brownie tray, the one I used was 7 x 12 inches.
- Crack the eggs in to a mixing bowl and beat with a handheld whisk.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the bowl with the eggs. Next add the raw honey and vanilla essence / bean paste.
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut flour, ensuring you combine well.
- Next add the unsweetened shredded coconut and coconut milk, again, mix well to ensure the batter is well combined.
- Spoon the batter into your tray and smooth the surface. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them – mine were ready after approx. 23 mins, I’d suggest setting a timer for 20 mins to check. The edges will be golden brown and a tooth pick tester will come out clean in the middle.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tray.
- These can be easily frozen. Wait for them to cool, cut them to the desired size and store them in a freezer container. To defrost either remove from the freezer and place in the fridge the night before or pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Why not visit our online shop where you will find Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Coconut Flour & Coconut Amino Sauce