This coconut bread is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free & refined sugar-free so is completely paleo and vegan friendly.
We recently added rawCo coconut flour to our product range. Coconut flour is a delicious and healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours. Ground from dried, defatted coconut meat, coconut flour is high in fibre and low in digestible carbohydrates. Coconut flour is also high in protein and contains lauric acid which helps to support our body’s immune system. Naturally gluten-free, coconut flour is perfect for anyone with gluten intolerance.
Since coconut flour is rich in fibre, it absorbs more liquid than most other flours. Therefore, you can reduce the amount of coconut flour when you swap with wheat flour (by approx. 40%). At the same time, you should add the equivalent amount of liquid (test with small amounts until you get the consistency you want).
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons for cinnamon
- 100g of rawCo coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons for maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 45g of shredded coconut
- 80g of rawCo coconut flour
- 50g of cacao nibs or dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease with coconut oil a 13.5 x 6.5cm loaf tin [if you have a larger loaf tin then pro-rota the ingredients up accordingly].
- Mash the bananas with a fork, then in a bowl mix the bananas and the rest of the ingredients apart from the coconut flour and cacao nibs / dark chocolate.
- Now slowly add the coconut flour, 1 spoonful at a time until it reaches a doughy consistency – if the mixture is too dry add a few drops of water. If it is too wet add slightly more coconut flour. The end mixture should be a well-formed dough.
- Fold in the cacao nibs or if using dark chocolate break in to small pieces and fold in to dough mixture.
- Place the dough in the loaf tin.
- Bake for between 25-35 mins – check with a toothpick at 25 mins and if comes out clean it is ready, if not leave in for longer.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing
Serving Tip: Why not heat up a slice in the oven for 5 mins and serve with nut butter or ice cream.
Both rawCo coconut flour and rawCo coconut oil are available via our online shop